Wednesday, 2 March 2011

An Introduction

Well, in the event that somebody discovers this blog, I feel it's appropriate I should provide some form of introduction - plus it's an easy way to make my first step into the world of blogging.

My name is Malcolm, I'm a mechanical engineer in my late-ish 20s working for a university research group. While engineering is something that interests me greatly, and has actually had quite a profound effect on my life and how I view the world around me, it is unlikely this blog will discuss anything relating to my work or engineering.

At some point in my teen years I decided that the phrase, "Jack of all trades, master of none" described me quite aptly. I consider myself to be pretty good at most things I've tried my hand at, but I've never really stuck with one thing enough to really excel. This is (obviously) where the name for the blog came from, and basically describes how the subject matter is likely to pan out. I'll be writing about the various things that interest me/feature in my life enough to warrant comment, which at present will largely relate to triathlon (and its constituent sports), training/nutrition, and probably the odd bit about cars and motorbikes. I'll probably make some sort of introductory posts about these interests of mine, just to set the scene/provide the backstory to provide context to what I write in future.

There's also a good chance some more personal subject matter could find its way in here, as a single man I do find that thoughts around dating and relationships sporadically receive a lot of air time, and I have some strong opinions on regard to religion and spirituality - although as I usually do in real life, I may keep these quiet for the sake of avoiding argument or controversy.

I partially look to this blog as an excuse to write, as writing is something I enjoy a lot, but until now have no outlet for other than forums and training logs (where it never seems appropriate to write a lot). I enjoy collecting my thoughts and trying to structure them into something cohesive and concrete, it always seems to cement your thoughts/understanding of something better than if you let your brain waffle on in a pointless internal monologue.

No comments:

Post a Comment